Welcome to the South Jersey Girls Soccer League Website
FINAL FALL 2020 RATINGS
Below are the final ratings for the Fall 2020 season.
U-16 and older teams will be posted at a later date.
REGISTRATION FOR THE FALL 2020 SEASON IS NOW CLOSED
WITH THE EXCEPTION OF U-16 AND OLDER TEAMS
Click HERE for list of applied teams
for the NJ Department of Health guidelines for youth sports.
SJGSL is currently monitoring information released by US Soccer, the CDC, and FIFA as it relates to the continuing Coronavirus outbreak. Our concern will always be the health and safety of our players, coaches, referees and their families in and around the game of soccer. As of the writing of this, all league events will go forward as scheduled. The guidance from US Soccer notes that:
The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed. Everyday preventive actions should be taken, including:
● Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
● Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
● Stay home when you are sick.
● Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
● Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
● Follow the CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask.
● CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including Coronavirus.
● Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms to help prevent the spread of the disease.
● Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
● If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
Please take steps to ensure the safety of your players, coaches and families while also promoting sportsmanship after the match. Many suggestions have been put forth regarding alternatives to the high five or hand shake after a match; those include fist bump, elbows, waving, and foot taps. Or please feel free to use any other method of promoting sportsmanship after a match while still keeping player safety in mind.
SJGSL EXECUTIVE BOARD
Due to the IFAB law changes that are going into affect beginning with the Spring 2020 season, the Playing Rules and Fact Sheet have been updated and posted.
South Jersey Girls Soccer League
COACHING LICENSE INFORMATION
Following up on our coaching license discussion at the mandatory meeting, everyone should be aware that, in order to be on the player sideline during games, all assistant coaches, trainers and any other staff member MUST have a coaching license and that license must have been uploaded to the league. If that license was secured by way of our South Jersey License Course, the league already has that information and there is no need to upload that certificate.
Information on how to upload the license can be found under the Coach Resources/Coaching Education tab along the top of the main page of the league website.
CLUB PASS FAQ is up!
It can be found under the rules and forms dropdown.
2019 - 2020 South Jersey Cup Information
Our 2019-2020 South Jersey Cup semi-finals and finals were held on the weekend of August 1st and 2nd. Congratulations to all of the teams that won their group.
See the drop-down above for the link to the 2019-2020 Champions.
If you have any questions, please contact Heather at: email@example.com
IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES
June 1, 2020 - Fall 2020 Registration Opens
July 13, 2020 - Fall 2020 Registration Closes
July 13, 2020 - Fall Ratings Meeting - CANCELED - Ratings meetings will resume for the Spring 2021 season.
August 31, 2020 - Fall Mandatory Coaches Meeting - Meeting will be virtual and details will be provided.
September 12, 2020 - Week #1 of Fall 2020 Season
October 13, 2020 - League Meeting - Meeting date is tentative
November 9, 2020 - League Meeting - Meeting date is tentative
November 21, 2020 - Week #10 of Fall 2020 Season
December 1, 2020 - Registration opens for Spring 2021 Season
January 3, 2021 - Registration closes for Spring 2021 Season
FALL 2020 LEAGUE
The Fall league meetings are scheduled for October 13th and November 9th. The meeting dates are tentative and they will likely be virtual. More details will be provided as we move forward. Please remember that
attendance at these meetings is required for club reps. Coaches are invited to attend but their attendance is not mandatory.
For important news and updates, come follow us on facebook!!!