The SJGSL Hybrid Bracket is a new event for teams U-16 through U-19. It is designed to be a more structured event than our new Crossover Bracket. This Hybrid Bracket is tailored to teams that are not playing a full Fall season due to their players' high school commitments and may not be able to play a full Spring season due to their players' other commitments.
The Hybrid application is now open - click HERE The fee is $130.00 and your club will be invoiced if you are from a SJGSL club.
Here are the basics:
(1) The season will start in the Fall and then pick up again after the new year;
(2) It is expected that games will start being played after the completion of the high school season, however they can start at any time;
(3) We request that teams try to schedule at least 4 games before breaking for the winter. The second half of the season can start whenever teams wish to play - e.g. a warm day in February will be fine or teams can wait until the spring thaw arrives;
(4) The full season will consist of 8 to 10 games;
(5) The league will bracket the teams and set up the game opponents;
(6) Coaches will contact their opponents and agree upon the game date/time/location;
(7) Coaches would then let me know the agreed-upon date/time/location and I will check on referee availability and schedule the refs;
(8) All players and coaches MUST have US Club passes and use the appropriate game cards;
(9) Standings will be kept;
(10) Normal SJGSL rules will apply and the appropriate game card will be used
For those of you new to US Club, if you do not yet have your US Club passes, please check with your club rep or other person in your club for assistance. Your club has already been through this process with the younger teams and so you will have access to experienced guidance. Same for the GotSoccer process for game cards, etc. Also, please check with your club field person for open dates/times for games that are available after taking into account the SJSL, SJGSL, EDP, etc. games that are already scheduled.
If you have any questions regarding scheduling, contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions regarding the event itself, contact Heather at: email@example.com
Thanks and we hope that you enjoy this new event.