The SJGSL Crossover bracket is a new event for teams U-15 through U-18. It is designed to be a less structured event tailored to the following two groups of teams:
(1) teams that are already playing a regular fall season and will now be able to play a few extra games against other high-school age competition; and
(2) teams that are not playing a full fall season due to their players' high school commitments and will be able to play some games after the high school season is completed without a required set schedule.
Here are the basics:
(1) Teams can play as many games as they want;
(2) The league will publish the list of teams that have applied to the event along with contact info for these teams;
(3) Coaches will contact the teams that they wish to play and schedule the game date/time;
(4) Coaches would then let me know the agreed-upon date/time/location and I will check on referee availability and schedule the refs;
(5) All players and coaches MUST have EITHER US Club passes or USYSA passes. You cannot mix these passes on the same team - i.e. all of the players/coaches on a team must have the same set of passes; All teams will use the appropriate game cards;
(6) There are no standings;
(7) Normal SJGSL rules will apply.
(8) The fee is $50.00 if the team is not also playing in the Fall regular season. There is no fee if the team is also playing in the Fall regular season.
If you do not yet have your US Club passes, please check with your club rep or other person in your club for assistance. Your club has already been through this process with the younger teams and so you will have access to experienced guidance. Same for the GotSoccer process for game cards, etc. Also, please check with your club field person for open dates/times for games that are available after taking into account the SJSL, SJGSL, EDP, etc. games that are already scheduled.
If you have any questions regarding scheduling, contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions regarding the event itself, contact Heather at: email@example.com
Thanks and we hope that you enjoy this new event.