CLUB PASS POLICY
Updated, July 8, 2019
Club Pass Player Rules and Guidelines
Beginning Fall 2019 SJGSL will be allowing our member clubs to use Club Pass players. This will replace the current guest player system used by SJGSL. Club Pass Players will give a small pool of predesignated players that a team may use to fill out their roster, either as needed or on a more full-time basis. Club pass request forms MUST be submitted to the league no later the Wednesday prior to the scheduled date for Round 1. Late submissions will not be approved FOR ANY REASON! Rules and requirements for club passed players are as follows. Additionally, club pass players will from here forth be referred to as CP.
1. 1. Teams must have enough players on a roster to field a team before applying for CP.
2. 2. SJGSL will not make any additional concessions for scheduling based on CP use. Teams forfeiting due to scheduling issues for CP will be fined an additional $50, in addition to the standard forfeit and referee fees.
3. 3. Teams may use a maximum of 3 CP for each small sided (U8-U12) and a maximum of 4 CP for full sided teams (U13-U19).
4. 4. Club Reps will submit the online CP approval form for each Club, Reps will need to submit what teams the players are rostered to primarily and which team they will be CP to. Players may NOT be assigned to more than two teams, one primary and one CP.
5. 5. CP form must be received by the league no later than the Wednesday before the scheduled date for Rd 1 of games. Players on a CP may not play until the request is approved.
6. 6. Players on a CP are not permitted to participate in SJ CUP. Only primarily rostered players are eligible to compete in cup. This follows the same guidelines as the rule prohibiting guest players from being used in SJCUP.
7. 7. Any team found to be using CP players without proper permission or CP to another team will be subject to sanctions from the SJGSL Executive Board, including, but not limited to the following. Fine, forfeit, staff sanctions, player sanctions.
8. 8. CP are valid for the season. Club Reps must submit new CP requests to the league for each new season.
9. 9. Teams found in violation of the CP policy shall be prohibited from using CP for that season. Clubs found to have more than one team in violation of the CP policy will be subject to a bond before CP privileges will be restored. Subsequent violations may lead to a members removal from the CP program.
This is not a program to give teams a way to stretch low player numbers, however it is a program to allow clubs to give players additional touches in game situations and also to give the teams they CP to a bit of continuity among their players.
Rules subject to update by SJGSL Exec Board due to unforeseen events or needs.