CLUB PASS/GUEST PLAYER POLICY
Updated, September 3, 2018
A player rostered to one team within a club will be permitted to play on another team within that same club with the following conditions:
1) USClub passes may be used to play in any SJGSL sanctioned event with the following limitations:
a) Players may not appear on the main roster or be otherwise rostered to more than 1 (one) team registered with SJGSL at a time.
b) Players carded to play on a team registered with another league may NOT be used as a Guest Player.
2) SJGSL will allow Guest Players to be assigned to a team for a particular game.
a) The Guest Player must be carded on a USClub pass to play for that same club on another team of a younger age or lower flight.
b) A maximum of four (4) Guest Players may be assigned to a game. The players must appear as “Guest Players” on the Game Day Roster.
3) Teams must “NEED” guest players in order to utilize this process.
a) 7 v 7 teams that will have eight (8) or fewer players from their main roster appear for their game may use Guest Players. The maximum number of players on the Game Day Roster, including guests, will be twelve (14).
b) 9 v 9 teams that will have ten (10) or fewer players from their main roster appear for their game may use Guest Players. The maximum number of players on the Game Day Roster, including guests, will be fourteen (14).
c) 11 v 11 teams that will have twelve (12) or fewer players from their main roster appear for their game may use Guest Players. The maximum number of players on the Game Day Roster, including guests, will be sixteen (16).
d) The Game Day Roster may not list more than the above amounts for the main team at game time and still use guest players. You can cross out those players who will be be attending the game on your Game Day Roster.
4) Guest Players may NOT be handwritten or externally added to the Game Day Roster. The Game Day Roster must be computer generated through GotSoccer and have the guest permission letter attached to it.
5) There are the following flighting limitations:
a) Players on a lower flighted team in SJGSL may guest play up on a higher flighted team in their same age bracket.
b) Players on a higher flighted team in SJGSL may NOT guest play down on a lower flighted team in their same age bracket.
c) Players playing in a lower age bracket in SJGSL may play up on a team in an older age bracket, regardless of the flighting of either team. Playing up rules still apply.
d) Players playing on a team registered to play in another league on USClub passes may NOT guest play on a team playing in a SJGSL league sanctioned game.
e) Players may NOT play more than two (2) league games in a day.
f) Guest players must appear in the same uniform as the players rostered to the main team.
g) Players may only guest play three (3) times during the season.
may only use guest players five (5) times during the season.
i) Players who are playing "up" cannot guest play at their age-appropriate level. For example, a 2006-age player who is rostered to a 2005 team cannot guest for a 2006 team.
6) Clubs MUST monitor their teams to assure that these rules are followed.
7) Violations of this policy will be treated as using an ineligible player in violation of league rules and will involve sanctions and possible forfeiture of the game.
To request permission for guest players, please click the link below.
PLAYING UP RULES REMINDER
1) U6 – U7 players may not travel or play up on a U8 or older team
2) U8 teams must be 100% age appropriate
3) U8 – U14 players mar play up two (2) years with club approval
4) U15 and above players may play up with club approval
5) There are no majority rules (except for 100% at U8)